Mary Fipps was born into an accounting family right here in the Willamette Valley. Like three of her siblings before her, she began her accounting career in her father’s firm in Cottage Grove, Oregon while still in high school, and has more than 30 years’ experience in the industry. She specializes in estate and trust administration and taxation, but also has expertise with small business consulting, and thoroughly enjoys working with owners from the point of acquisition through the development phase and finally, sale or succession. As an instructor for the Oregon Insurance Commission, Mary is a featured speaker at the local and state level on estate and trust topics, as well as individual and business taxation. She is the former owner and President of Horsfall & Fipps PC, a Eugene CPA firm that merged with (was acquired by?) Isler CPA’s in 2018.
Mary and her husband Larry enjoy traveling, and spending time with their five children and nine grandchildren. Although they enjoy outdoor pursuits, such as camping, drift-fishing, and family weekends on their “mini-farm” in the Mohawk Valley, Mary is also an artist, specializing in watercolor portraits.
- Lane Community College
- Linfield College
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Instructor – Oregon Insurance Commission
- Mother Theresa Society – Catholic Community Services of Lane County
- Past-President – Eugene Emerald Valley Rotary
- Paul Harris Fellow and member of Rotary International
Ask Me About
- Establishing a family trust that really works for your family
- Choosing a Personal Representative or Trustee that makes sense
- Making senior care decisions before you need them
- Creating a plan that makes the most of your charitable giving
- Cliff Jumping in Hawaii
- How to catch a swarm of bees in a paper bag
- The best recipes in my own cookbook
Join Our Team
We believe that our success is primarily based on the people we hire. Learn more about career opportunities at Isler CPA.