Gatlin received his B.S. in Accounting from Sacramento State University in 2013 and joined Isler CPA in 2015, after working on municipal audits in California. Gatlin has lead audits of Oregon counties, cities and special districts of all sizes, as well as several audit engagements with not-for-profits and Native American governments and associated businesses. He has also performed several forensic accounting investigations as a Certified Fraud Examiner. Gatlin also serves as Isler CPA’s Audit and Assurance leader; managing audit quality control, training for audit staff, and compliance with professional standards related to audits.
Gatlin is a member of the Oregon Society and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Gatlin is licensed as an active CPA in both California and Oregon.
In 2018, Gatlin completed the RSM Breakthrough Leaders Institute (BLI) designed for high-performing senior associates, supervisors, and new managers to aid in developing management, leadership and advisory skills. During 2018, Gatlin also completed a self-study course, passed all required exams, and became a Certified Fraud Examiner.
He is also fluent in Brazilian Portuguese and has volunteered with the Boy Scouts of America from 2011 through 2017. He enjoys spending time in the outdoors with his wife and three young children.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Accountancy); California State University, Sacramento
- Oregon Municipal Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Boy Scouts of America: Volunteer, Woodbadge Recipient, Past Scout Master, Past Merit Badge Councilor
- Beta Alpha Psi: Alumnus, Past Vice President – Information Systems
- Delta Epsilon Iota: Alumnus
Ask Me About
- What is required if you receive a federal grant
- The three different bases of accounting each government uses
- The differences in working for a small firm and a regional firm
- How I found Isler CPA
- Living without power or running water for 8 years
Join Our Team
We believe that our success is primarily based on the people we hire. Learn more about career opportunities at Isler CPA.