Gary is on the accounting and auditing team for Isler CPA. The most enjoyable aspect of my work is helping clients solve problems and helping members of the team advance their knowledge and skills. As a member of the RSM Alliance, I participate in various peer group meetings and round table sessions to stay abreast of best practices in the accounting and auditing area. RSM helps me keep current with a rapidly changing profession and provides me with the tools to perform our work efficiently and effectively. In 2016 I completed a two-year executive leadership development program sponsored by RSM and led by the Center for Character-Based Leadership.
I focus on audits of gaming enterprises, tribal governments and their related economic development activities, municipalities, nonprofit organizations, employee benefit plans, and research institutions. Most of my government and nonprofit audits fall under the requirements of the Single Audit Act and the Uniform Guidance. I was recognized by the Oregon Municipal Finance Officers Association for my Outstanding Contribution to Public Finance.
I joined Isler in 1995 and have been a partner since 1997. Along with performing audit services, I have performed several non-traditional services, including software consulting, construction cost analysis, forensic investigations, and mergers and acquisitions due diligence.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Miami University (Oxford, Ohio)
- Oregon Municipal Auditor
- IFRS certificate program – AICPA
- Oregon Society of CPA’s
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alvord-Taylor – Vice President of the board of directors and director of the Alvord-Taylor Foundation
- Paul Harris Fellow and member of Rotary International
- Treasurer of the United Rotary Clubs of Lane County, sponsor of the annual Great Rotary Raffle
- Habitat for Humanity – treasurer of the Junction City/Harrisburg/ Monroe affiliate; recipient of the Golden Volunteer Award
- Junction City School District budget committee
Ask Me About
- How I can help you answer financial accounting and reporting question
- The different services we can provide your organization
- Training opportunities for your organization
- Governmental financial reporting and cash basis reporting options under the GFOA certificate program
- Touring the former Yugoslavia from Slovenia to Montenegro on a motorcycle
- Making risotto and other culinary interests
- Earning my private pilot’s license as a teenager
- Riding my bicycle across the United States in 1985
Join Our Team
We believe that our success is primarily based on the people we hire. Learn more about career opportunities at Isler CPA.