We continue to monitor the changing conditions related to COVID-19. Due to, the governor’s order directing people to stay home and to practice social distancing, Isler will no longer allow clients to physically pickup their tax returns. Additionally, Isler will no longer accept client workpapers and documents via drop off. This will last until the quarantine is over.
We have considered the guidance of government officials and medical professionals, and in order to protect our clients, staff, and community, Isler has instituted the following changes effective immediately:
- As a precaution we will not be accepting any walk-ins or having in-person meetings for at least the rest of March and likely beyond. However, we are still open and conducting meetings over the phone and communicating via email.
- If you need to give us any documentation, you have the following options:
- Scan and upload documents to the secure Isler portal. If you are not yet setup on the portal and need access, please contact Felicia Sprague at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may mail documents to our offices: 1976 Garden Ave, Eugene, OR 97403
- You may fax documents to our offices at 541.342.3533. Please use a cover page indicating who the document is for.
- Only as a last resort, you may use the drop slot by the north (street) entrance to our building.
- To retrieve your tax returns, we offer the following options:
- We encourage our clients to use our secure portal, download and print the necessary documents for signing and mailing. Administrative staff and your CPA will be available for phone calls to discuss the correct steps to sign your e-file authorization forms and submit necessary payments to the taxing authority.
- For our clients who prefer a hard copy of the tax return, please coordinate with your CPA and we can mail your tax return to the address on file.
- There may be a delay on returning the documents you submitted to us originally where traditional postal mail is not practical.
- During this time of uncertainty our goal is to be here for our clients. In order to meet this goal and balance our commitment to meet the tax deadline of July 15 with our duty to protect you, our staff, family members, and the broader community, adjustments need to be made. Unfortunately, our staffing availability and resources have been somewhat diminished because of the precautions we have been advised to take. We expect many more of our clients will file a 6 months extension for the 2020 filing season than in years past. We encourage you to communicate closely with your CPA to let us know of any unique circumstances, that may affect you and your work, as we continue to do our best to care for our clients.
In the meantime, we encourage you to monitor the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention updated guidance here as developments continue.
We are still here for you, and if you need us, please call.
The Isler CPA Team