Joseph is a partner at Isler and has a broad background as an attorney and CPA. His public accounting experience dates back to 2000 when he worked for KPMG as a corporate tax intern. His experience also includes accounting senior at Deloitte, financial reporting for Fortune 500 companies Nextel and Danaher, and tax partner at Wooten Mischel & Lewis. He is an Oregon native and a graduate of Thurston Elementary, Thurston Middle, and Thurston High School. He is raising his family with his wife, Leslie (from Alaska) in Creswell.
- Bachelor of Arts in accounting from Brigham Young University.
- Juris Doctorate of Law from Pepperdine University School of Law in 2010, where he emphasized in tax law and estate planning.
- Spanish fluency
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of CPAs
- Lane County Bar Association
- Eugene Chamber of Commerce
- Eugene-Springfield Tax Association
- McKenzie Professional Connections (BNI) mentoring chair
- Eugene Estate Planning Council.
- Founder of the annual Creswell Beautification Project
- Member of Eugene Delta Rotary serving on both the Owen Rose Garden maintenance committee, and the Invocation committee
- Boy Scouts of America, Friends of Scouting Greenwood District chair
- President of the BYU Marriott School Alumni Association Eugene chapter.
- Named one of Eugene-Springfield’s 20 under 40 rising stars for his leadership in business and the community.
Ask Me About
- The 6 keys to audit-proofing your business from an IRS audit
- The best ways to develop and implement your business succession planning
- How to setup your estate plan to eliminate taxes and probate and maximize inheritance benefits and charitable giving.
- The most common deductions business clients are missing
- Why I love raising my seven children in Creswell
- My morning routine after I get up at 5:30am, but don’t get to the office until 8:30am.
Join Our Team
We believe that our success is primarily based on the people we hire. Learn more about career opportunities at Isler CPA.